This course is designed for people of all ages who want to gain skills that will give the competitive edge in gaining administrative and office based positions across a range of industries. Leaners will learn about business equipment, procedures and technology as well as dealing with customers and clients.
Is this the right course for me?
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to work effectively in a business environment. It includes identifying and working to organisational standards, managing workload, and working as part of a team. You will develop basic skills and knowledge in preparation for working in a broad range of settings.
How does this course work?
Online Learning – any time, any place, with maximum flexibility:
- Easy-to-read course materials
- Access to learning supports (emails, telephone or Skype call, Webinars)
- Fast Assessment response, (5 working days resposne)
Online learning allows you to start a course when and where it is convenient for you to study.
When does the course commence?
You can enrol in this course at any time, you will have the access to start straight after registration.
Is there a maximum course completion time?
From the date of enrolment registration, you have up to 3 months to complete this unit of competency, and many complete it in less time.
Is there a minimum course completion time?
No – there is no minimum course time-frame.
You can complete the qualification as quickly as you choose.
What is the average course completion time-frame?
We have found students that are genuinely motivated to progress through the course are able to complete the in one or two days.
The nominated hours of study for this unit is 30 hours, though depending on your existing skill and knowledge levels.
The key factors that influence course completion is a student’s experience, time availability and work rate.
How do I access to learning support?
You are very well supported throughout your course.
You have the access to discuss your course work on a one-on-one basis with a specialist Trainer through telephone; email; or Skype as you progress through the course, so you won’t feel alone.
Entry and study requirements
We are committed to seeing you through your course. We have determined the following requirements to ensure you have the best chance of successfully completing your course:
- Have access to a fully-functional computer / smart device loaded with a web browser and appropriate software applications to read PDF files; and
- Have access to reliable Internet Access; and
- Have a current valid email account for learning and assessment communication; and
- Have a telephone and current valid telephone number for learning and assessment communication, support and interviews; and
- Successfully complete all assessment tasks to the required published standard.
Skills needed for your study
- Language and literacy skills: you will need to possess effective language, communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to write a range of documentation.
- Students with special needs are advised to email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to booking so that reasonable adjustments to assessment can be contemplated.
- Where a student has an identified need for assistance with language, literacy or numeracy, LET Training’s trainers and assessors will endeavour to provide this assistance.
- Technology skills to use a variety of software applications to send e-mails with attachments, read PDF files, produce documents, analyse information and data;
The following unit of competency has National recognition under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
You will receive the Statement of Attainment on successful complete required course work.
Upon enrolment, you will be provided via the Learning Management System with detailed assessment task specifications and activities specific to the relevant unit of competency. By way of example, you may be required to:
- Answer a series of knowledge and skills based questions;
- Participate in interviews with your assessor.
You will submit your evidence for evaluation to the Assessor, who will continue to maintain contact with you during the assessment decision-making process.
You will be provided with opportunities to adjust & resubmit your assessments based on the assessor’s feedback.
Successful completion of this unit of competency can lead to a range of potential career opportunities.
What job roles exist?
- Administration Assistant
- Clerical Worker
- Data Entry Operator
- Information Desk Clerk
- Office Assistant
- Front Desk Operator
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
For those currently working in a business environment with over 2 years’ experience, ask our friendly course
consultants about our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) solution eligibility. Our expert trainer will develop a
tailored training plan for you based on your existing role and experience.
Will previous study and experience count?
LET Training recognises Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) which takes into account the knowledge and skills you have already gained through your previous education and work history, attributing this to your enrolled qualification course. This may be through formal or informal training and can result in credits towards your qualification. More information can be found in Student Handbook.
Future education pathways
After successfully completing the BSBIND201 Work effectively in a business environment, you may like to enrol in LET Training’s BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration course.
BSBIND201 Work Effectively in a Business EnvironmentENROLL NOW