This advanced diploma qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply specialised knowledge and skills, together with experience in leadership and management, across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level use initiative and judgement to plan and implement a range of leadership and management functions, with accountability for personal and team outcomes within broad parameters.
Is this the right course for me?
This course will give you guidance on managing teams, departments, and projects to ensure a business runs smoothly. You will analyse the latest management theories, management styles, organisation strategy, risk management, and learn how to effectively manage and lead teams using proven communication solutions. You will also learn how to attract and retain the best talent to achieve business goals, and build a competitive advantage.
How does this course work?
Online Learning – any time, any place, with maximum flexibility:
- Easy-to-read course materials
- Access to learning supports (emails, telephone or Skype call, Webinars)
- Fast Assessment response, (5 working days resposne)
Online learning allows you to start a course when and where it is convenient for you to study.
When does the course commence?
You can enrol in this course at any time, you will have the access to start straight after registration.
Is there a maximum course completion time?
From the date of enrolment registration, you have up to 18 months to complete this qualification, although many complete it in less time.
We find our students complete this qualification in varying time frames. It really does depend on your life situation, and time availability.
Is there a minimum course completion time?
No – there is no minimum course time-frame.
You can complete the qualification as quickly as you choose.
What is the average course completion time-frame?
We have found students that are genuinely motivated to progress through the course are able to complete the full course in about 10 months.
Indicatively, it may take you on average 60-70 hours to complete a unit of competency, though depending on your existing skill and knowledge levels.
The key factors that influence course completion is a student’s experience, time availability and work rate.
How do I access to learning support?
You are very well supported throughout your course.
You have the access to discuss your course work on a one-on-one basis with a specialist Trainer through telephone; email; or Skype as you progress through the course, so you won’t feel alone.
Entry and study requirements
We are committed to seeing you through your course. We have determined the following requirements to ensure you have the best chance of successfully completing your course:
- Current Year 12: Successful completion of Australian Year 12 or equivalent or the Australian Senior VCAL Certificate; or
- Non-Year12: Completion of post-secondary studies or at least 6 months’ work experience; and
- Have access to a fully-functional computer / smart device loaded with a web browser and appropriate software applications to read PDF files, produce documents, and analyse information and data; and
- Have access to reliable Internet Access; and
- Have a current valid email account for learning and assessment communication; and
- Have a telephone and current valid telephone number for learning and assessment communication, support and interviews; and
- Successfully complete all assessment tasks to the required published standard.
Skills needed for your study
- Language and literacy skills at a level that enables you to read, interpret, communicate, and apply a range of information and data, to write reports and other business documents for a variety of audiences, and to present and address issues;
- Numeracy skills at a level that enables you to plan and manage time, resources and budgets, to read and understand workplace figures, statistics and measurements, and to solve routine workplace and operational problems;
- Technology skills to conduct online research using a web browser and to use a variety of software applications to send e-mails with attachments, read PDF files, produce documents, analyse information and data;
- The ability to research information and data from a variety of sources;
The following two qualifications have National recognition under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Consistent with qualification rules, the qualification offered by LET Training comprises the following units of competency. However, if you wish to change elective unit/s to meet your training needs, please speak to one of our friendly learning and development advisors.
To be awarded this qualification, 12 units of competency are required:
Core units (4):
- BSBFIM601 Manage finances
- BSBINN601 Lead and manage organisational change
- BSBMGT605 Provide leadership across the organisation
- BSBMGT617 Develop and implement a business plan
Elective units (8):
- BSBCOM603 Plan and establish compliance management systems
- BSBINM601 Manage knowledge and information
- BSBMGT608 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
- BSBMGT616 Develop and implement strategic plans
- BSBMKG609 Develop a marketing plan
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBWHS605 Develop, implement and maintain WHS management systems
Upon enrolment, you will be provided via the Learning Management System with detailed assessment task specifications and activities specific to the relevant unit of competency. By way of example, you may be required to:
- Complete projects and/or portfolios of evidence;
- Answer a series of knowledge-based questions;
- Participate in interviews with your assessor.
You will submit your evidence for evaluation to the Assessor, who will continue to maintain contact with you during the assessment decision-making process.
You will be provided with opportunities to adjust & resubmit your assessments based on the assessor’s feedback.
Successful completion of the Advanced Diploma of Management (Human Resources) can lead to a range of
potential career opportunities.
What job roles exist?
- Executive Manager
- Director Manager
- Human Resources (Strategy)
- Senior Executive
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
For those currently working in a management and leadership position, with over 5 years business management experience, ask our friendly course consultants about our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) solution eligibility. Our expert trainer will develop a tailored training plan for you based on your existing role and experience.
Will previous study and experience count?
LET Training recognises Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) which takes into account the knowledge and skills you have already gained through your previous education and work history, attributing this to your enrolled qualification course. This may be through formal or informal training and can result in credits towards your qualification. More information can be found in Student Handbook.
Future education pathways
After successfully completing the BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management, you may like to enrol in a university qualification.
BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and ManagementENROLL NOW