BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership & Management This qualification is designed to develop emerging leaders and managers across a range of industries and organisations. The course developed to provide you with the comprehensive skills you’ll need to lead, guide and support your own team while organising and monitoring their workload. The essential knowledge will allow you to analyse information in order to apply solutions to a range of dynamic business problems.
BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety. This qualification will provide you the underpinning knowledge required to assist in managing WHS within the workplace. It is particularly suitable for people working in a work health and safety (WHS) role that may or may not work under supervision. They may provide leadership and guidance to others and have some limited responsibility for the output of others.
Is this the right course for me?
The Double certificate IV in Leadership & Management and WHS will provide you with an understanding of leadership and safety management practices that will help you grow an organisation with a people-oriented approach. Equip yourself with a range of dynamic skills and knowledge to help you take your career or your organisation to the next level.
It is ideal for team leaders, supervisors, managers, safety officers or consultants who need a better-than-average background on leadership and safety management resolutions and who want to become more innovative.
How does this course work?
Online Learning – any time, any place, with maximum flexibility:
- Easy-to-read course materials
- Access to learning supports (emails, telephone or Skype call, Webinars)
- Fast Assessment response, (5 working days resposne)
Online learning allows you to start a course when and where it is convenient for you to study.
When does the course commence?
You can enrol in this course at any time, you will have the access to start straight after registration.
Is there a maximum course completion time?
From the date of enrolment registration, you have up to 24 months to complete these dual qualification, and many complete it in less time.
We find our students complete this qualification in varying time frames. It really does depend on your life situation, and time availability.
Is there a minimum course completion time?
No – there is no minimum course time-frame.
You can complete the qualification as quickly as you choose.
What is the average course completion time-frame?
We have found students that are genuinely motivated to progress through the course are able to complete the full course in less than 15 months.
Indicatively, it may take you on average 40-50 hours to complete a unit of competency, though depending on your existing skill and knowledge levels.
The key factors that influence course completion is a student’s experience, time availability and work rate.
How do I access to learning support?
You are very well supported throughout your course.
You have the access to discuss your course work on a one-on-one basis with a specialist Trainer through telephone; email; or Skype as you progress through the course, so you won’t feel alone.
Entry and study requirements
We are committed to seeing you through your course. We have determined the following requirements to ensure you have the best chance of successfully completing your course:
- Current Year 12: Successful completion of Australian Year 12 or equivalent or the Australian Senior VCAL Certificate; or
- Non-Year12: Completion of post-secondary studies or at least 6 months’ work experience; and
- Have access to a fully-functional computer / smart device loaded with a web browser and appropriate software applications to read PDF files, produce documents, and analyse information and data; and
- Have access to reliable Internet Access; and
- Have a current valid email account for learning and assessment communication; and
- Have a telephone and current valid telephone number for learning and assessment communication, support and interviews; and
- Successfully complete all assessment tasks to the required published standard.
Skills needed for your study
- Language and literacy skills at a level that enables you to read, interpret, communicate, and apply a range of information and data, to write reports and other business documents for a variety of audiences, and to present and address issues;
- Numeracy skills at a level that enables you to plan and manage time, resources and budgets, to read and understand workplace figures, statistics and measurements, and to solve routine workplace and operational problems;
- Technology skills to conduct online research using a web browser and to use a variety of software applications to send e-mails with attachments, read PDF files, produce documents, analyse information and data;
- The ability to research information and data from a variety of sources;
The following two qualifications have National recognition under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Consistent with qualification rules, the qualification offered by LET Training comprises the following units of competency. However, if you wish to change elective unit/s to meet your training needs, please speak to one of our friendly learning and development advisors.
To be awarded these two qualifications, total 18 units of competency to be completed.
Certificate IV in Leadership and Management, 12 units of competency are required:
Core units (4):
- BSBLDR401 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBMGT402 Implement Operational Plan
Elective units (8):
- BSBADM405 Organise meetings
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
- BSBINM401 Implement workplace information system
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBRSK401 Identify Risk and Apply Risk Management Processes
- BSBWHS401 Implement and Monitor WHS Policies, Procedures & Programs to meet Legislative Requirements
- BSBWOR404 Develop work priorities
- BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety, 10 units of competency are required:
Core units (5):
- BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing & maintaining WHS consultation & participation processes
- BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
Elective units (5):
- BSBWHS407 Assist with claims management, rehabilitation and return-to- work programs
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
- BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
Upon enrolment, you will be provided via the Learning Management System with detailed assessment task specifications and activities specific to the relevant unit of competency. By way of example, you may be required to:
- Complete projects and/or portfolios of evidence;
- Answer a series of knowledge-based questions;
- Participate in interviews with your assessor.
You will submit your evidence for evaluation to the Assessor, who will continue to maintain contact with you during the assessment decision-making process.
You will be provided with opportunities to adjust & resubmit your assessments based on the assessor’s feedback.
Supervisors and team leaders are needed in all sectors of the economy. Managing people and WHS is a critical function of business, and there are different levels of management when it comes to leadership and WHS job roles.
What job roles exist?
- Supervisor/ Coordinator
- Team Leader
- Office Manager
- Work Health and Safety Advisor
- Workplaace WHS Coordinator
- Safety Officer
- Safety Manager
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
For those currently working in a management and leadership position, with over 5 years business management experience, ask our friendly course consultants about our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) solution eligibility. Our expert trainer will develop a tailored training plan for you based on your existing role and experience.
Will previous study and experience count?
LET Training recognises Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) which takes into account the knowledge and skills you have already gained through your previous education and work history, attributing this to your enrolled qualification course. This may be through formal or informal training and can result in credits towards your qualification. More information can be found in Student Handbook.
Future education pathways
After successfully completing the BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management and BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety, you may like to enrol in LET Training’s BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management.
BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management & BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and SafetyENROLL NOW